9.26.2012

something super for supper.....

photos by Romulo Yanes for Health Magazine
I have a lot to tell you about, but first, I'm having a portfolio day, filing back over all the work I did in the last year, and trying to put it all in once place. Very often I'm moving from one story or project to the next, and I too often forget to tell you all about it all. Plus, I was raised not to toot my own horn. But I'm super passionate about helping people find their way to good health, and there's no more delicious way I know to do it then through cooking with flavor and nutrient-loaded ingredients like sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, grapefruit, salmon, brown rice, spinach, walnuts, avocado and....



Oh dear me, I'm getting carried away. But what I'm trying to say is, this story, this batch of 7 Supermeals for 7 Days that I developed for Health Magazine is one I really think deserves a spot on your fridge--or wherever it is you post the recipes you plan to cook this week. These recipes are easy, incredibly satisfying and full of flavor. And, they're loaded with the kinds of ingredients (some might call them super foods) that deserve a full-time place at your table. 

Give them a try. The gorgeous images were shot by Romulo Yanes, the modest and uber-talented photographer behind the luxe images at Gourmet magazine for so many years. His work always captures all the texture and taste of a very good meal. 

Click the links of the recipe titles below for the full recipes. And if Wednesday is market day in your world,  quick, make your list and scoot on over for fresh poblanos, kale, spinach, sweet potatoes and arugula....all in season now. 


~
7 Supermeals in 7 Days




No comments:

My photo
New York City, United States
Sarah Copeland is a food and lifestyle expert, and the author of Feast: Generous Vegetarian Meals for Any Eater and Every Appetite, and The Newlywed Cookbook. She is the Food Director at Real Simple magazine, and has appeared in numerous national publications including Saveur, Health, Fitness, Shape, Martha Stewart Living and Food & Wine magazines. As a passionate gardener, Sarah's Edible Living philosophy aims to inspire good living through growing, cooking and enjoying delicious, irresistible whole foods. She thrives on homegrown veggies, stinky cheese and chocolate cake. Sarah lives in New York with her husband and their young daughter.